Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Goodbye 2009, Welcome 2010!

Visualise then Realise!

The year 2009 has been a pretty crap year for quite a few people I know, even more so for people overseas who have lost so much due to the Global Financial Crisis. I feel more for those that live in Third World countries, they suffer far more than people in Developed countries.

I went overseas a few years back, unfortunately I had to come back due to illness, but the upside of all the upheaval of the time.. Even though I went to countries that were far more wealthier than a Third World country, it struck and astounded me so much how much more visible poverty was outside of Australia. That is something I remember far more than anything else on my trip to the Northern Hemisphere.

Anyway, it's been a long two years for me, trying to get better physically and mentally. I have just spent the Christmas break lounging around, doing absolutely nothing (which was great by the way) and I've just realised exactly what my problem was! I had a negative mindset!

It is wrong on so many levels. I need to change my thinking, to the way it used to be. Get off my bum and be a happy and positive woman, or I'm never going to be one. I'm an Australian, for goodness sake- I have everything to be happy about! I AM living in the lucky country, there is no doubt about that. So little time, so much to do!

Last night, browsing on my favorite website, Simple Savings, and came across a thread that had a link to the book called, The Game of Life written by Florence Shinn. Well worth a read, if you have the time. Even though this book has strong Christian links and references (Please note that I am not a practising Christian nor I follow ANY religion, and never will), it does make an interesting reading about changing your mindset- 'ask and you will recieve' kind of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment